12 Amazing Industrial Management Goals to make people happy
Industrial Management is a field of study where the structure and organization of industrial companies. It comprises those fields of business administration that are necessary for the success of companies within the manufacturing sector and the encompassing services. I’m gonna discuss industrial management briefly.
WHAT IS MANAGEMENT?
The synonym of management is ‘to handle’. Management in all business areas and organizational activities is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives efficiently and effectively. Management can also refer to the person or people who perform the act(s) of management.
The art of planning, co-coordinating, & controlling industrial activity is called industrial management.
Various definitions of management are given by the experts are mentioned below:
- Dr. James Lundy says, ‘’Management is principally a task of planning, co-coordinating, motivating & controlling the efforts of others towards a specific objective. It involves the combining of the traditional factors of production (land, labor & capital) in an optimum manner, paying due attention to the particular goals of the organization.’’
- H. Fayol says, ‘’to manage is to forecast & plan, to organize, to command, to co-ordinate & control.’’
- According to Scanlan & kinz, “Management is the coordination & integration of all resources, both human & technical, to accomplish various specific results.”
- According to Terry & Franklin, “Management is a distinct process consisting of activities of planning, organizing, actuating, & controlling performed to determine & accomplish stated objectives with the use of human beings & other resources.”
So it is clear that management comprises, planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, and controlling an organization’s effort for the purpose of accomplishing a goal. Resourcing encompasses the deployment and manipulation of human resources, financial resources, technological resources, and natural resources.
12 Goals OF INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT
Management is a social process. By centering, the objectives management process is performed. The objectives of management are given below:
- Earning profit:
The main objective of management is to secure maximum outputs with minimum efforts & resources. Management is basically concerned with thinking, & utilizing human, material & financial resources in such a manner that would result in the best combination. This combination results in a reduction of various costs.
- Survival & growth:
Each company must have a competitive business policy to survive in international business. Because the business world is too dynamic. So it is impossible to hold the position for a company in a steady state. Peter F. Drucker said, “Survival is the central process of an organization.”
- Increasing the efficiency of factors of production:
Through proper utilization of various factors of production, their efficiency can be increased to a great extent which can be obtained by reducing spoilage, wastage & breakage of all kinds, this, in turn, leads to saving of time, effort & money which is essential for the growth & prosper it of the enterprise.
- Maximum prosperity for employer & employees:
Management ensures the smooth & coordinated functioning of the enterprise. This in turn helps in providing maximum benefits to the employee in the shape of good working conditions, a suitable wage system, incentive plans on the one hand & higher profits to the employer on the other hand.
- Human betterment & social justice:
Management serves as a tool for the upliftment as well as the betterment of society. Through increased productivity & employment, management ensures better standards of living for society. It provides justice through its uniform policies.
- Development of material resources.
- Creating a vast market & ensuring mass production.
- Supply of quality goods at a competitive price
- Development of product line
- Ensuring maximum customer service.
- Creating a production-oriented working environment.
- Development of a labor-management relationship.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES (FUNCTIONS) OF INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT :
Industrial Management operates through various functions, often classified as
- leading/directing, and
- Planning: Deciding what needs to happen in the future (today, next week, next month, next year, over the next 5 years, etc.) and generating plans for action. Newman says, “Planning is deciding in advance what is to be done.”
- Organizing: Prof. Haney says,” Organization is the harmonious adjustment of specialized parts for the accomplishment of some common purpose/purposes.”(Implementation) making optimum use of the resources required to enable the successful carrying out of plans.
- Staffing: R.M. Hodgetts says, “Staffing is the process of recruiting, selecting, training & developing organizational personnel”. Job analyzing, recruitment, and hiring individuals for appropriate jobs.
- Leading/Directing: J.L. Massie says, “Directing is the process by which actual performance of subordinates is guided toward common goals.”Determining what needs to be done in a situation and getting people to do it.
- Controlling/Monitoring: Checking progress against plans.
- Motivation: M. Judicious says, “Motivation is the act of stimulating someone or oneself to get the desired result”. Motivation is also a kind of basic function of management because, without motivation, employees cannot work effectively. If motivation doesn’t take place in an organization, then employees may not contribute to the other functions (which are usually set by top-level management).
WHAT IS MOTIVATION IN INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT
The word Motivation originated from “Motive” which means want, need, impulse, or drive. Berelson & Steiner says, “ A motive is an inner state that energizes, activates, or moves & directs or channels behavior toward goals.”
They want impulse or drive to find expression through motive. The motive is intentional. It is a motive that prompts a person to action. The motive is the center point of the motivation process. Motivation is the key to work performance.
Various definitions of motivation for Industrial Management are given below:
- George R Terry defined motivation as,” the desire within an individual that stimulates him or her to action”
- Dotton E. Mc Farland defined motivation as,” the way in which urges, drives, desires, aspirations, strivings or needs direct, control or explain the behavior of human beings.“.”
- Michal J. Jucius defined motivation as, “the act of stimulating someone or oneself to get a desired course of action.”
- Edwin B. Flippo defined motivation as,” a process of attempting to influence others to do your will through the possibility of gain or reward.”
- M.J. Gannon says, “Motivation basically means an individual’s needs, desires, & concepts that cause him or her to act in a particular manner.”
- Cyrus F. Gibson says, “Motivation may be defined as the state of an individual’s perspective which represents the strength of his or her propensity to exert effort toward some particular behavior.”
- Heinz Weihrich & Harrold Koontz say, “Motivation is a general term applying to the entire class of drives, desires, needs, wishes & similar forces.”
ADVANTAGES OF PLANNING IN INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT:
Advantages of planning are given below:-
Ø The achievement of goals or objectives of the enterprise becomes easier because planning enables the direction of efforts towards predetermined objectives.
Ø Planning enables minimizing wastages hence scarce resources are saved.
Ø Planning enables the enterprise to make sufficient adjustments to adapt to future changes. Thus increasing the efficiency of the enterprise. All the activities can be coordinated in a systematic way to achieve the goals of the business enterprise.
Ø Planning enables a firm to remain in the competition. Planning helps management to adopt modern methods of operation and to improve the quality of the product to attract the customer. It also helps the firm to take necessary measures to combat competition.
Ø Planning provides sufficient insight to the managers to avoid mistakes.
Ø Planning serves as a base for control. Planning determines the times for starting and completing the projects and sets standards of performance. This enables the managers to control the activities. Budget is one of the effective controlling tools in the hands of the manager.
Ø Planning enables the effective coordination of all management functions. Coordination is the essence of management.
Ø Planning increases the morale and confidence of the managers and helps them to lead their subordinates effectively.
Ø Planning facilitates thorough examination of alternatives. The best one is selected to attain organizational objectives.
You can learn more about industrial management from here.
Last word for Industrial Management
Industrial Management is not a simple term actually. It has a wide range of fields. Some of the examples is provided below for your better assistance –
- entertainment management,
- energy systems management,
- food and beverage management,
- project management industry,
- manufacturing management,
- LSU construction management,
- engineering construction management,
- industrial asset management,
- associates in construction management,
- engineering and construction management,
- UW construction management,
- technology management degrees,
- construction and engineering,
- construction management technology,
- Univ hospitality management,
- beverage management,
- Georgetown sports management,
- operations and technology management,
- construction management Uta,
- automotive management,
- management industry,
- industrial engineering and management,
- industrial management engineering,
- building construction management,
- managing technology and innovation,
- food & beverage management,
- civil engineering construction management,
- industrial management Purdue,
- oil and gas management,
- engineering business management,
- aerospace management,
- tcc construction management,
- managing technology & innovation,
- industrial engineering supply chain,
- industrial technology management,
- food industry management,
- usm construction management,
- apparel industry management,
- uga hospitality management,
- aerospace project management,
- global hospitality management,
- distribution and logistics management,
- sustainable construction management,
- industrial management technology,
- pharmaceutical marketing and management,
- hotel management,
- engineering management technology,
- sports industry management,
- institute of hospitality,
- sustainable tourism management,
- aviation business management,
- international hospitality,
- global energy management,
- automotive business management,
- industrial administration,
- civil engineering and construction management,
- business management industry,
- project management in the hospitality industry,
- textile and apparel management,
- fashion and textile management,
- energy land management,
- associates in hospitality,
- electrical construction management,
- building and construction management,
- construction management specialization,
- project manager in the pharmaceutical industry,
- manufacturing engineering and management,
- music industry management,
- hospitality service management,
- industrial technology and management,
- human resources management in the hospitality industry,
- project management industrial engineering,
- industrial engineering and quality control,
- aviation and hospitality management,
- global management and manufacturing,
- industrial operations management,
- marketing logistics and supply chain management,
- industrial and operations management,
- construction and real estate management,
- industrial business management,
So this is clear that learning Industrial management is very essential to grow up any business. Without any proper management knowledge, you never can get success.